Thursday, October 13, 2011

Easy, Baby!

I get asked all the time if Coltin is an easy baby.
The short answer is yes. His personality is easy-going like his dad. He doesn't have the intensity his brother and I have. He is patient and content most of the time. I guess the fourth kid has to be that way, right? 

That said life since he arrived is anything but easy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our life now. I love the daily challenges and I LOVE spending time with each of the kids. But Jerry and I are both spread very thin right now. That individualized time is definitely not so easy to come by. This is evident in the behavior of both Justin and Savana. They seem to be SLOWLY adapting. Two steps forward and one step back is fine as long as we stay ahead!

Often Coltin sits silently for a while as the other kids go about their chores. A normal scene at dinner time is Coltin in a bouncy seat on kitchen table, Me trying to cook and plate dinner but tripping over Justin and his race cars on the floor and Justin begging for candy repeatedly as I tell him dinner is almost ready, Savana trying to clear and set the table but getting distracted by EVERYTHING, Ciara trying to get drink orders but no one is listening. It gets loud...then suddenly as if to remind us not to be so serious Coltin will start to put his two cents in with babble and noise. If we take a moment to look at him he grins from ear to ear saying, "Mommy, give everyone time to stop and smile at me!"

I am always looking for ways to "set this circus down" but Jerry reminds me I LOVE the circus. We will find ways to slow down this weekend. And then Monday it will be right back to the rat race.
And when the kids are grown we will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment